03 February 2014

Challenge #32 - Dare to Get Dirty

Hello everyone:

Well, we are still here and still running! thank you  to the many well wishers who sent such lovely positive comments and to the people who entered the first challenge.  It's funny - I thought I was being quite inventive with the title "New Beginnings" but there were several different challenges out there with the same name this month! Of course, none of them were like ours!


Firstly, on to the winners of January's challenge:

Challenge# 31 - New Beginnings

Our sponsor for this was the wonderful



It was won by:
Here are your random numbers:
2
Timestamp: 2014-02-01 05:14:26 UTC

Debbie Reed

Congratulations Debbie! Please contact me for details on collecting the prize. 

As well each month the DT girls get to select a favorite:

DT Favorite this month is:
Congratulations Very Belle - a truly wonderful CAS card; love the little button

Challenge #32 - Dare to Get Dirty

The sponsor for this is 

Sticker Store Craft Stickers

and the prize is valued at approx $40 Aust
How generous is that! Why not go and see what they have there and perhaps snag a bargain!
Before we see what the DT has come up with just a quick reminder to you all about our rules:
  1. We like your project to be paper based unless it clearly says not
  2. We want to see you create something beautiful without using any stamps at all - be they digis, rubber or cling stamps
  3. Decoupage is wonderful but please clearly state that is what it is - there are quite a few companies now who are producing their own CD's and decoupage sheets with their stamp images on them.  If you use one of them, acknowledge it clearly please in your blog
  4. HAVE FUN - we would really prefer that you see the challenge and then create but reality is that you create and then look-see what you can link it to; that's OK if there is no back linking and you clearly follow the theme of the challenge
  5. There is a (not-compulsory-but-gee-would-like-to-see-you-do-it) TWIST each month - are you a crafter who is up to that challenge? It may be just to blog some extra words, take a few more photo's or to use a specific colour or shape or use a specific thing. Extend yourself!
The TWIST this month is for you to document (hopefully with photo's) your journey!

What does this mean? Well, you can make a background using ink or paint or both; you can make an embellishment ink or painty or both! You can use dies and embossing folders with paint and/or ink - either before, during and after; you can use texture paste and glitter and glue and crayons and inkpads........just remember to take lots of pictures and tell us about your journey!

And now the DT's inspiration for you:

Margaret's Scrap page
Grandchildren painting the garage - with a paint background on layout!

A brave parent who allowed that but what fun! Great layout Margaret.


From JanR 
I rolled the wooden circles in ink as well as used mist. Unfortunately, I forgot about the "twist" so I didn't take any pictures which was really too bad as my fingers were stained brown from the Distress Ink!



Deanne
 I used paint and a doily to make my background.



Beth

I used photographic paper and inks and created the Northern Lights technique for my background. I forgot to take photo's of my messy hands, but do have a photo of the inked worksheet which I'll post on my blog.


Tracey

I will confess that I struggled with this one and wasn't sure which direction to go in. To get some inspiration I read over the "Ideas for Creations" which you can find on the tabs here on the blog.  Well, the word "box" just jumped out at me.  I had a cutting file for my Silhouette from My Scrap Chick that I had been wanting to use which was a box treat card all in one! Now cutting with that machine can sure get messy with all the tiny pieces, and all the pieces need to be inked, glued, etc...but my version of "dirty" may be a little cleaner than others...I hope this works for you!
 
Stop by my blog just to see how messy things did get!


This is a layout that fits with the "Getting dirty" theme.
My daughter was about 2 and a half in these photos and certainly enjoyed her spaghetti.
I did some dry embossing on the tag to resemble spaghetti.

Sarah
For this card, I inked up a piece of transparency sheet, mixed in water and then inverted it and transferred everything onto a clean sheet of card stock.  I then cut up the inked image and used pieces of it for the background of my stickers and rub on sentiment. To see more go to my blog!

It was my 30th Wedding Anniversary last Tuesday and this is the card I made my husband - of course he didn't get it until the weekend 'cause it wasn't finished or dry.......30 is apparently pearls or diamonds. Still waiting........(lol).  Details of the making on my blog - see you there!

Now, I have been keeping a lookout for the last few weeks at work that uses any of these techniques: a masterclass on mono-printing in Craft Stamper using a gelatine place and ink - very messy!; Ditto magazine (same one I think) on using drywall tape and ink to create patterns (but you could use onion bags or hessian or plastic wrap or bubble wrap....); Australian Simply Cards has lots of ideas using sprays on card and cutting it up; inking edges with the various Distress inks; acrylic paint resist (they use stamps but you could dip a feather in the paint or a leaf or flower petal or die cut or a household item of some type (ie potato masher!) - lots of inspiration and how-to-do-it instructions out there on the web as well..........

Well, that is it - how about you do some careful thinking and designing - not while driving or cooking, we don't want accidents, but all other times are OK - and then get creating. I recommend a G and T or a good coffee while indulging in thinking time!We look forward to seeing what you can come up with and are sure that we will be learning from you and delighting in sharing with you your joy in the creation!

Don't forget to link your creations here and back to your blog post: Your link-up and thumbnail will appear in a new page - and not here. We will still see it though! Just click on the link below!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats winners and wow amazing are the Dt designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic everyone….I will be back later to take a closer look at peoples blogs to see how they got down and dirty. Got my thinking cap on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being chosen as the random winner...so exciting!
    Looks like a fun new challenge....
    Great work from all the DT's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations winners! Great challenge Susan and lots of inspiration from the DT. I am going to enjoy getting messy lol Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted you liked my card!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My midnight and yours is not the same. :) Oh well.
    Here's a card I made thinking of your challenge. :)
    http://liliashandmade.blogspot.ca/2014/02/24-thinking-of-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much for sending me the prize package for the Challenge #31 – New Beginnings.
    I can’t believe ALL the goodies that is in it! I am amazed – and excited.
    I really appreciate you sending it to me in the USA.

    Thank you so very, very much!

    Take care.
    Debbie Reed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. The Design Team really appreciate it. Have fun with the challenge.

LinkWithin